This position is responsible for supervising staff, processing and coordinating all shipping, receiving (stock and non-stock items returns, warehouse inventory and short-term storage, as well as internal and external mail/courier/delivery functions for TRU.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures departmental staffing requirements are met, including scheduling, vacation and timesheet approvals, sick day coverage, and workflow for warehouse staff.
2. Directs and evaluates the performance of direct reports; provides staff orientation and training.
3. Participates in establishing processes and procedures as they relate to the warehouse operations, as well as mail and delivery services on campus.
4. Performs the duties of assigned warehouse staff.
5. Liaises with procurement services and vendors to ensure accurate receipt and return of products.
6. Responsible for safe and secure storage of all TRU assets within the warehouse, and coordinates short-term storage requirements.
7. Prepares and reviews reports for inventory management, including coordination of year-end inventory count processes and procedures.
8. Coordinates and communicates with internal stakeholders with regard to current inventory levels.
9. Ensures shipping and receiving documentation and purchase invoices are maintained, reviewed for accuracy and filed or forwarded to the appropriate department or individual for authorization or approval.
10. Provides leadership in ensuring occupational health and safety is a priority by liaising with an Occupational Health and Safety Officer to ensure safety training, hazard identification and risk reduction are integrated into all processes, planning and supervision.
11. Implements and maintains benchmarking and best practice activities and reporting processes.
12. Coordinates sales and order materials for internal and external stakeholders.
13. Ensures all warehouse and delivery equipment is maintained.
Director, Supply Chain Management
· Grade 12 plus, ITA - Logistics and Distribution level 3 or equivalent post-secondary training in Warehouse logistics and distribution
· Five (5) years directly related experience including three (3) years supervisory experience in a high volume computerized warehouse environment using electronic inventory management systems
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
· Ability to coordinate, plan and organize the work of others
· Ability to deal with clients and staff with courtesy, tact and diplomacy
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· Intermediate knowledge of electronic data entry
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of workflow and physical layout optimization as it relates
to warehouse management
· Demonstrated ability to be progressive and innovative in material handling activities
· Demonstrated knowledge of conflict resolution skills
· Ability to operate related office equipment
· Exposure to heat and cold with the seasons; some dangerous goods, dust/dirt conditions and fumes
from equipment (ie. trucks, forklifts)
· Ability to lift boxes in excess of 25 kilograms
· Ability to operate a motor vehicle
· Ability to operate a forklift
Career Level: Experienced
Years of Relevant Experience: Any
Industry: Logistics, Supply Chain and Warehousing
Job Function: Administrative and Clerical