Real opportunity to grow
As one of Canada's largest employers, CIBC offers a variety of career opportunities. Our people are the key to achieving our vision of being the leader in client relationships, which is why we work hard to create an environment where all employees can excel.
We are proud to have been recently recognized as Strongest Bank in Canada, Strongest Bank in North America, and third Strongest in the world. We have also been named one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers, a Best Employer for New Canadians, one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of the 50 Most Socially Responsible Corporations in Canada. In addition, we have eight strong Employee Affinity Networks focused on supporting the professional and personal development of more than 3,000 members
Take a moment to picture yourself working for one of Canada's leading financial institutions, where a spectrum of possible career paths offers you remarkable choice, flexibility - and a real opportunity to grow.
Explore the possibilities
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking - we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees - access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
A Great Place to Work. As we continue growing our team!
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution and was recently recognized as Strongest Bank in Canada, Strongest Bank in North America, and third Strongest in the world.
The CIBC Mobile Sales Force is aggressively pursing new business and is actively hiring Mortgage Advisors to capitalize on untapped markets and to expand mortgage sales into new territories.
We offer you a full time, permanent opportunity with unlimited potential earning power and with a compensation package that includes: volume bonus and commissions on CIBC Mortgage Life Insurance and Mortgage Disability Insurance sales.
Our combined team of Area Sales Managers and Regional Directors provides coaching and support, and assists in creating opportunities to raise consumer awareness where it matters most - in the marketplace.
We are looking for candidates who are excited about building their own businesses. By empowering Mortgage Advisors, we strive to greatly enrich their careers.
We also encourage ongoing development through comprehensive in-class and online educational programs tailored to meet individual needs.
To help you determine whether this position is a match to your skills and interests, please take approximately 90 seconds to watch the following job preview.
In addition, please see below a few of the advantages that CIBC has to offer:
- 100% commission with a potential guaranteed 6-month draw compensation structure
- Growing into OPEN MARKETS, no territorial market restraints
- Great product offerings such as: Cash Back option and CIBC paying for Home Inspections (where applicable)
- Bonus Points for referrals from Realtors (where permitted)
- Area Sales Managers to support you!
- Generous Talent Scout Referral Program
- Flexibility and Autonomy
- Eligible for a comprehensive flexible employee benefits package, including Health and Dental
- Vacation Pay
- Compensation package includes: volume bonus, and commissions on CIBC Mortgage Life Insurance and Mortgage Disability Insurance sales.
- Operate within a home office environment with the provision of a CIBC laptop and a 1-800 phone number.
- Personal development opportunities with CIBC, including Tuition Assistance Program, individual Development Plan, recognitions programs, incentives and career opportunities through the bank.
What You'll Be Doing
- CIBC Mortgage Advisors develop their business with the Area Sales Manager to assist in the achievement of the Mortgage Advisors primary objective of growing and cultivating a referral network that will generate a target of approximately $12,000,000 or 48 units (depending on the territory) in CIBC brand mortgage production annually
- CIBC Mortgage Advisors may leverage lead generation tools
- You will be responsible for interviewing and taking mortgage applications, obtaining all pertinent personal and credit information, confirming employment, salary and source of down payment and submitting applications with recommendation for approval while actively promoting CIBC Creditor Insurance products
- Establish reciprocal business relationships with external businesses such as real estate firms for the purpose of identifying suitable customer prospects for residential mortgage financing as well as partnering with CIBC Retail Distribution Branches in identifying additional client cross sell opportunities
What We're Looking For
- 2-3 years minimum experience in direct consumer to consumer external sales in a commission based position.
- Financial services sales background with mortgage, credit, insurance, or investment sales is preferred.
- A "hunter" who has successfully met sales targets and has identified business growth opportunities in the past.
- Candidates must have strong prospecting ability and a proven track record of working successfully to achieve sales results
- Availability to meet clients at times and locations that are convenient for them (i.e. in their home or at their office including evenings and weekends
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills.
Rewards and Recognition
At CIBC, we're committed to providing employees with fair and competitive compensation that reflects individual contribution, business performance and related markets. Our total compensation programs are comprised of direct and indirect components. Together they reward employee capability and performance and promote employee well-being.
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Employee Banking Offer
At CIBC, there are formal and informal methods available to acknowledge employee and team contributions throughout the year. Formal recognition programs recognize outstanding performance by individuals and teams at CIBC. CIBC's formal programs include the CIBC Achievers Program, eAchievers and the Chairman's Council and President's Council Awards in Wood Gundy. We developed these programs to reward those who demonstrate our core values of Trust, Teamwork and Accountability.
Industry: Financial Services and Banking
Job Function: Financial Services