With over 40 Hotels, Resorts, Inns and Suites from British Columbia to Quebec, and several more properties under development, Sandman is Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company. The Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer with a competitive benefits program, and we're always on the lookout for motivated, enthusiastic people to join our team of dedicated hospitality professionals. If you're interested in working in the high-energy environment of Canada's hospitality industry, apply today.
The Sandman Penticton, located at 939 Burnaby Street, Penticton, BC is looking to hire for the position of Manager, Housekeeping Rooms Attendant.
The Sandman Penticton, located at 939 Burnaby Street, Penticton, BC is looking to hire for the position of Manager Housekeeping Rooms Attendant.
- The day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping Department
- Assist in recruiting and retaining a strong service oriented team
- Supervise all housekeeping employees to ensure guests receive the highest standard of cleanliness and service
- Conduct guest room and public area inspections
- Monitor and manage labour efficiencies and all other departmental costs
- Ordering of departmental supplies and conduct monthly linen inventories
- Scheduling for Room Attendants, Public Area cleaners and Laundry staff
- Maintain proper lost and found procedures.
- Assist in training of new team members
- Ensure Sandman Hotels, Inns & Suites policies and procedures are followed
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on leadership ability
- Positive attitude, pleasant personality, and a strong ability to motivate, train, develop and guide a team
- Knowledge of computers including MS Word, Excel and Internet
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Knowledge of laundry operations
- Minimum 3 years housekeeping experience with a minimum of 1 year in a direct supervisory role IN HOTELS.
WORK CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
Fast paced environment, work under pressure, tight deadlines, repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, attention to detail, combination of standing, walking, standing for extended periods of time, bending, crouching, kneeling.
This will be permanent, full time, on call, shift, weekends, days, or evening shifts.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: To be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Provincial Medical, Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, and Vision Care.
Vacation Pay exceeds Provincial Labour Standards.
Inter-Company discounts at hotels and restaurants.
If this sounds like the job for you, send your resume and join the Sandman Team.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) that would support a foreign worker.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers