Real opportunity to grow
As one of Canada's largest employers, CIBC offers a variety of career opportunities. Our people are the key to achieving our vision of being the leader in client relationships, which is why we work hard to create an environment where all employees can excel.
We are proud to have been recently recognized as Strongest Bank in Canada, Strongest Bank in North America, and third Strongest in the world. We have also been named one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers, a Best Employer for New Canadians, one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of the 50 Most Socially Responsible Corporations in Canada. In addition, we have eight strong Employee Affinity Networks focused on supporting the professional and personal development of more than 3,000 members
Take a moment to picture yourself working for one of Canada's leading financial institutions, where a spectrum of possible career paths offers you remarkable choice, flexibility - and a real opportunity to grow.
Explore the possibilities
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking - we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees - access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Imagine working in a fast paced environment where you coach, motivate and reward a team of approximately 5-12 service and operational support employees. At CIBC, you'll enjoy an exciting career that's very rewarding, where you're making a difference in our employee & clients' lives every day. So if you haven't thought about a career with CIBC, think again.
As the Assistant Branch Manager, you will work with your team to foster a client-centric focus, enhance the client experience while assisting with the development and achievement of the branch business plan. You are responsible for operational support while mitigating risk and ensuring the consistent delivery of high quality service in the branch to meet or exceed client expectations and service standards. Through your leadership, you will help clients and employees achieve what matters to them.
- Through your experienced coaching skills, assist your team to achieve all sales, service, and operational targets
- Through active participation and visibility within the branch, develop shift schedules to meet the needs of our clients
- Identify client concerns and implement action plans to address client feedback
- Manage cash holdings & compliance while mitigating risk
- Hire new employees to join the branch team and ensure that all new and existing employees have acquired the appropriate knowledge to effectively and efficiently perform their duties
- Monitor branch activities and risk to ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and controls while minimizing fraud, forgeries and irrecoverable losses
What We're Looking For
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC's values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and maintain high levels of enthusiasm, teamwork, motivation and commitment to the achievement of business goals and superior performance
- Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills, the ability to effectively listen and demonstrate empathy towards others
- Should have previous management experience and the required skill of developing employee capabilities, managing employee performance and of performing recruitment activities
What You Need to Know
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends (Saturdays & Sundays)
Rewards and Recognition
At CIBC, we're committed to providing employees with fair and competitive compensation that reflects individual contribution, business performance and related markets. Our total compensation programs are comprised of direct and indirect components. Together they reward employee capability and performance and promote employee well-being.
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Employee Banking Offer
At CIBC, there are formal and informal methods available to acknowledge employee and team contributions throughout the year. Formal recognition programs recognize outstanding performance by individuals and teams at CIBC. CIBC's formal programs include the CIBC Achievers Program, eAchievers and the Chairman's Council and President's Council Awards in Wood Gundy. We developed these programs to reward those who demonstrate our core values of Trust, Teamwork and Accountability.
Industry: Financial Services and Banking
Job Function: Customer Service