We are Canada's leading hospitality company, privately owned and operated since 1967. We offer over 40 locations across Canada and have made it our business to provide guests with the very best in comfort and service. At the Sandman Hotel Group, we value each and every member of our hospitality team. Proper training and feedback are essential components in creating a great working relationship, and we strive to provide all members of our team with the opportunity for growth. An equal opportunity employer with a competitive benefits program, we're always on the lookout for motivated, enthusiastic people to join our team.
The Sandman Signature Prince George, located at 2990 Recreation Place, Prince George, BC is recruiting for both FULL TIME and PART TIME GUEST SERVICE AGENTS (Front Desk Clerks/Night Auditors
• Responsible for checking guests in and out of the Hotel.
• Issues room keys, pamphlets, discount cards, etc.
• Answers various questions from guests and arranges transportation for guests.
• Computes bills, collects payment and makes change for guests.
• Runs various reports on the computer for management.
• Count and verify cash, shift activity, keys, gift certificates, and wireless internet cards with departing shift.
• Print updated in-house, arrival, departure, and room status reports every two hours
• Check all unresolved departures.
• Ensure front desk is stocked with any items guests may require before housekeeping leaves for the day.
• Write all wake-up call requests on specified form and enter on switchboard.
• Complete welcome calls.
• Clean and tidy front desk area.
• Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
• Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
• As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
• Provide information to staff and/or clients about special activities.
• Observe and report any security issues to the Manager.
• High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
• Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in front desk operations or hotel management preferred
• 1 year of experience as a Hotel Front Desk Clerk Preferred
• Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
• Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles
• Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
• Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft and Maestro software packages
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
• Long periods of standing
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds
• Overtime as required
Compensation & Benefits:
Wages: To be negotiated
Benefits: Provincial Medical, Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care,
Vacation Pay Plan exceeds Provincial Labour Standards.
Discounted hotel stays for self, family, and friends.
3rd Party discount program.
If this sounds like a job for you, send us your resume to join our Sandman Team.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) that would support a foreign worker.
Career Level: Experienced
Job Function: Hospitality and Food Service