We are Canada's leading hospitality company, privately owned and operated since 1967. We offer over 40 locations across Canada and have made it our business to provide guests with the very best in comfort and service. At the Sandman Hotel Group, we value each and every member of our hospitality team. Proper training and feedback are essential components in creating a great working relationship, and we strive to provide all members of our team with the opportunity for growth. An equal opportunity employer with a competitive benefits program, we're always on the lookout for motivated, enthusiastic people to join our team.
The Sandman Signature Prince George, located at 2990 Recreation Place, Prince George, BC, is looking to fill both FULL TIME and PART TIME Housekeeping Room Attendant vacancies.
Sandman Hotels requires an energetic Room Attendant responsible for providing for the comfort of guests of the hotel by ensuring that guest rooms and public areas are clean and properly presented. The Room Attendant will promote a positive image of the property to guests, and must be pleasant, friendly and able to address problems or special requests. The Room Attendant must understand his/her role as brand ambassador and provide positive brand experiences to all customers.
Sandman Hotels offer competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
• Efficiently cleans assigned number of rooms per day per departmental standards.
• Packs and replenishes trolleys to the required standard at the end of each shift.
• Advises Supervisor of any stock shortages to minimize delays in servicing rooms.
• Responds to guests and staff inquiries, requests and complaints in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Takes personal responsibility to ensure maximum guest satisfaction at all times.
• Places all soiled linen in appropriate storeroom as soon as removed from guest room.
• Ensures all lost property items left in guest rooms are recorded on the worksheet and handed in to the Supervisor/Manager at the end of the shift.
• Secures all rooms, ensure doors/windows are closed when room clean complete.
• Ensures all maintenance and safety hazards are promptly reported to the manager.
• Ensures safety procedures are maintained according to Policy and procedures.
• Maintains an up to date knowledge of all chemicals and cleaning products, and the correct handling procedures WHMIS.
• Promotes and encourages a strong team work.
• Reports any suspicious persons/activities (safety & security) to the manager
• Wipe all window sills, doors, and walls as needed, including light switches
• Vacuum every room. spot cleaning stains
• Dust all furniture and fixtures – including headboard, lamps, and desk mirror.
• Reports any maintenance issues including burned out light bulbs
• Wipe down mirrors and all vanity fixtures in bathroom.
• Check heating and air condition thermostat.
• Ensure alarm clock is not set for alarm.
• Check under bed, drawers, and closet for left behind articles.
• Changes mattress pads, blankets, or bedspreads as needed.
• Clean and Sanitize bathroom (toilet, sink & fixtures, showers and/or tubs
• Wipe down shower curtain – replace when needed.
• Clean bathroom floor with cleaning agent.
• Restock all terry, soap, glasses, comment cards, coffee, stationary & pens in desk.
• Clean coffee pots, - ensure pots are plugged in.
• All dirty dishes or glasses need to be placed in bus tub in service areas
• Arrange furniture following use by guests.
• Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests e.g. iron and ironing boards.
• Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
• No education required, we will train one on one.
• Some experience preferred.
• Physical mobility and stamina required
• Ability to follow instruction
• Detail-oriented with good organizational skills.
• Professional attitude with ability to work independently.
• Excellent time management skills and able to work well under pressure.
• Good communication skills are an asset
• Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is an asset
• Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally.
• Professional appearance and manners
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Manual dexterity required to use various cleaning apparatus and supplies.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
• Regular physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting, crouching and kneeling.
• This will be permanent, full-time or part time, on call, shift, weekends, days or evening shifts.
Compensation & Benefits
Wage is to be negotiated.
• Benefits: We provide Provincial Medical, Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, and Vision Care for FULL TIME EMPLOYEES ONLY.
• Vacation Pay plan exceeds the Provincial Labour Standards.
• Discounts at Sandman Hotels and Denny’s Restaurants plus third party partnership discounts available to all staff and families.
If this exciting, fast paced job sounds like the one for you, and you want the opportunity to grow and develop within the Hospitality Industry, send us your resume.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) that would support a foreign worker.
Career Level: Experienced
Job Function: Hospitality and Food Service