Key responsibilities of a Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy Assistant include:
- Patient greeting and confirmation of accuracy of all pertinent prescription information prior to filling,
- Data entry of patient care information into HealthWatch,
- Third Party adjudication (if necessary
- Accurate dispensing prescription medications,
- Maintenance of pharmacy stock through inventory control systems,
- General OTC enquiries from patients and referral to Pharmacist where required and necessary,
- Handling customer prescription pick up,
- Assisting with cashier responsibilities as required in the Pharmacy
* Experience as a Pharmacy Assistant;
* excellent organizational skills and detail orientation;
* strong communication skills;
* demonstrated customer service experience;
* strong motivation to succeed;
* proficient computer/data/entry skills.
Flex schedule - some weekends and evenings
ADDITIONAL POSITION DETAILS:
Our vision for Shoppers Drug Mart in Summerland is to be the best Pharmacy in the Okanagan. We go above and beyond for every client. We offer a welcoming positive place to work and get your medication. We strive to have people leave SDM 241 feeling cared for and uplifted by their experience. Physicians and patients to refer people here because they know the care we give is top notch and trust us to look after others in the same way. We also strive to create an environment where we offer care that makes a difference in both the health and lives of or patients.
The open position requires a candidate who will help us achieve our vision. We are also open to incorporating a technician with expanded scope into our team.