Real opportunity to grow
As one of Canada's largest employers, CIBC offers a variety of career opportunities. Our people are the key to achieving our vision of being the leader in client relationships, which is why we work hard to create an environment where all employees can excel.
We are proud to have been recently recognized as Strongest Bank in Canada, Strongest Bank in North America, and third Strongest in the world. We have also been named one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers, a Best Employer for New Canadians, one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of the 50 Most Socially Responsible Corporations in Canada. In addition, we have eight strong Employee Affinity Networks focused on supporting the professional and personal development of more than 3,000 members
Take a moment to picture yourself working for one of Canada's leading financial institutions, where a spectrum of possible career paths offers you remarkable choice, flexibility - and a real opportunity to grow.
Explore the possibilities
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking - we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees - access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Imagine being part of CIBC's Imperial Service Financial Advisory team whose focus is offering comprehensive financial advice to a key consumer group with expected growth of more than $500 billion over the next decade. Imperial Service has the largest, most highly accredited in-branch advisory team at any Canadian bank.
Working as an Imperial Service Advisor you will manage and build on an existing portfolio of select CIBC Imperial Service clients. You will choose from a range of investment portfolios designed to match the personal financial goals and investment time horizon while providing a unique needs-based sales approach to assist your clients in achieving their evolving financial goals.
CIBC's world class Imperial Service offering reinforces our goal of building and growing a branch-based financial planning business for mass affluent Canadians. It does this by providing Financial Advisors with the opportunity to increase their total cash compensation based on their performance in providing our clients with trusted financial advice and service. The program provides eligible Financial Advisors with the opportunity to be rewarded based on their performance in growing our revenues, funds managed, net sales, referral to Partners and achieving our business objectives. It provides a clear line of sight between compensation, performance and business results. As performance increases, so does the reward potential.
- Your role will be to build and strengthen relationships with new and existing clients while meeting clients' short and long term financial needs, recommending a full range of solutions (banking, credit, investment and wealth protection) and taking into account the clients' current situation, risk profile, time horizon, and other personal factors.
- Proactively establish, develop and maintain strong client relationships through regular contact and through providing timely, value-added information, advice and recommendations taking into account the latest developments in the markets, the economy, and the investment industry.
- Leverage CIBC's financial planning tools to help clients understand what they need to do to reach their goals and to encourage them to act on your recommendations.
- Proactively identify opportunities to grow the business.
What We're Looking For
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC's values of trust, team work, and accountability.
- Must have completed the CSC.
- Asset to have the CFP accreditation or willing to complete.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for IIROC licensing.
- Must have proven success in building solid client relationships.
- Must have minimum two to five years of experience in providing financial planning advice.
- Must complete the Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH) within 3 months of start date.
- Must complete the Wealth Management Essential Course(WME) within (30) months of start date. If MFDA registered for the past 3 years and CSC was completed more than 3 years prior to submission of the IIROC registration application, WME to be completed within (3) months of start date to validate CSC for registration.
Rewards and Recognition
At CIBC, we're committed to providing employees with fair and competitive compensation that reflects individual contribution, business performance and related markets. Our total compensation programs are comprised of direct and indirect components. Together they reward employee capability and performance and promote employee well-being.
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Employee Banking Offer
At CIBC, there are formal and informal methods available to acknowledge employee and team contributions throughout the year. Formal recognition programs recognize outstanding performance by individuals and teams at CIBC. CIBC's formal programs include the CIBC Achievers Program, eAchievers and the Chairman's Council and President's Council Awards in Wood Gundy. We developed these programs to reward those who demonstrate our core values of Trust, Teamwork and Accountability.
Industry: Financial Services and Banking
Job Function: Sales and Business Development