With over 40 Hotels, Resorts, Inns and Suites from British Columbia to Quebec, and several more properties under development, Sandman is Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company. The Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer with a competitive benefits program, and we're always on the lookout for motivated, enthusiastic people to join our team of dedicated hospitality professionals. If you're interested in working in the high-energy environment of Canada's hospitality industry, apply today.
The Sandman Terrace, located at 4828 Highway 16, Terrace, BC, is looking to fill both FULL TIME and PART TIME Housekeeping Room Attendant vacancies.
Sandman Hotels requires an energetic Room Attendant responsible for providing for the comfort of guests of the hotel by ensuring that guest rooms and public areas are clean and properly presented. The Room Attendant will promote a positive image of the property to guests, and must be pleasant, friendly and able to address problems or special requests. The Room Attendant must understand his/her role as brand ambassador and provide positive brand experiences to all customers.
Sandman Hotels offer competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
• Efficiently cleans assigned number of rooms per day per departmental standards.
• Ensure assigned areas are clean, tidy, including disposing of rubbish appropriately.
• Packs and replenishes trolleys to the required standard at the end of each shift.
• Ensures housekeeping trolleys are fully stocked and neat and tidy at all times.
• Advises Supervisor of any stock shortages to minimize delays in servicing rooms.
• Responds to guests and staff inquiries, requests and complaints in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Takes personal responsibility to ensure maximum guest satisfaction at all times.
• Places all soiled linen in appropriate storeroom as soon as removed from guest room.
• Ensures all lost property items left in guest rooms are recorded on the worksheet and handed in to the Supervisor/Manager at the end of the shift.
• Secures guest rooms, ensure all doors and windows are closed when room clean is complete.
• Completes start and finish times for each room cleaned on worksheet.
• Ensures all maintenance and safety hazards are promptly reported to the Supervisor/Manager to minimize hazard risk.
• Takes personal responsibility for equipment, ensuring it is operated correctly and secure at all times.
• Ensures grooming, hygiene and safety procedures are maintained according to Policy and procedures.
• Maintains an up to date knowledge of all chemicals and cleaning products, and the correct handling procedures.
• Promotes and encourages a strong team work ethic.
• Attends departmental briefings, training, meetings etc. as directed by the Supervisor/Manager ensuring all relevant information is passed on.
• Reports any unusual or suspicious persons/activities pertaining to the area of safety and security to the manager
• Strips and remakes beds with Fresh Linen in every room.
• Empties wastebaskets and ashtray (if Used) – replace ashtray in all smoking rooms
• Wipe all window sills, doors, and walls as needed, including light switches
• Vacuum every room. spot cleaning stains
• Dust all furniture and fixtures – including headboard, lamps, and desk mirror.
• Reports any maintenance issues including burned out light bulbs
• Make sure both telephone books are stored underneath night stand as well as internet cable (neatly tied up) in desk drawer.
• Wipe down mirrors and all vanity fixtures in bathroom.
• Check heating and air condition thermostat.
• Ensure alarm clock is not set for alarm.
• Check under bed, drawers, and closet for left behind articles. Changes mattress pads, blankets, or bedspreads as needed.
• Cleans and Sanitizes toilet – and around toilet/behind toilet – sanitizes showers and or tubs – removes all mildew and soap scum.
• Wipe down shower curtain – replace when needed.
• Clean sink and fixtures
• Remove all hair from bathroom floor plus clean bathroom floor with cleaning agent.
• Restock all terry, soap, glasses, comment cards, coffee, stationary and pens in desk.
• Clean coffee pots, - ensure pots are plugged in.
• Vacuum hallways as directed.
• Responsible for neatness and organization of housekeeping areas
• Responsible for replacing and reporting missing items in room such as remote control, do not disturb sign, and luggage racks etc.
• Remove trash to service area and place in trash can provided
• All dirty dishes or glasses need to be placed in bus tub in service areas
• Clean and sanitize phones –ensure the card on the phone is in good shape – replace if needed.
• Arrange furniture following use by guests.
• Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests e.g. iron and ironing boards.
• Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
• Perform rotation cleaning duties (e.g. steam clean carpets) as required
• Performs other duties as required
• No education or experience required, we will train one on one
• Physical mobility and stamina required
• Ability to follow instruction
• Professional attitude
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent time management skills
• Good communication skills are an asset
• Good organizational skills
• Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is an asset
• Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
• Able to work well under pressure
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
• Professional appearance and manners
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Manual dexterity required to use various cleaning apparatus and supplies.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
• Regular physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting, crouching and kneeling.
• This will be permanent, full-time, on call, shift, weekends, days or evening shifts.
Compensation & Benefits
Wage is to be negotiated.
• Benefits: We provide Provincial Medical, Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, and Vision Care for FULL TIME EMPLOYEES ONLY.
• Vacation Pay plan exceeds the Provincial Labour Standards.
• Discounts at Sandman Hotels and Denny’s Restaurants plus third party partnership discounts available to all staff and families.
If this exciting, fast paced job sounds like the one for you, and you want the opportunity to grow and develop within the Hospitality Industry, send us your resume.
Career Level: Entry Level
Job Function: Hospitality and Food Service